Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Poor Ralph

Ralph Lifshitz and I have something in common. Who is Ralph Lifshitz? He is better known as Ralph Lauren - he of "Polo" and head of the fashion empire. What do we have in common? No, I don't have over 5 billion dollars or have a collection of over 70 automobiles. I can't get enough money together to publish my books and don't drive. I am also pretty shvach in my knowledge of fashion. I have been wearing the same thing every day for about 2 decades. Plain ol' white shirt and black suit. For fashion [or better, for Shabbos], I wear a tie [sometimes].... More on that later:-).

But we both are New York kids who attended M.T.A. This is where we diverged. I became very successful and he, nebuch, failed. I am successful because my wife and children are Jewish and I remained faithful to our tradition [with lots of failures on the way - but I keep trying]. He left tradition behind, married a non-Jewish women and lived  life in the pursuit of money and professional success. He gives a lot of tzdaka [he has a Jewish heart, after all] but no Jewish descendents. How sad.

His son David married the granddaughter of former President George Bush Sr. - super-WASP. At first I was really upset until I found out that David isn't Jewish either [I had assumed that Ralph married Jewish but he hadn't], so better he marry a Goya.

In contrast, look at Trump. Super-duper-womanizing-money-hungry-power-seeking-vulgar-golf-playing-Goy. Descended from German and Scottish immigrants. The family's original name was Drumph [!!:-)]. Couldn't tell you an aleph from a beis. A Tanna from an Amora. And, li-havdil, kneidlach from kreplach. But his daughter falls in love with a shomer Shabbos Jewish boy, grandson of victims of Hitler, and converts under the supervision of Rav Herschel Schachter Shlita. So the super-Goy has Jewish descendents and the super Jew, who went to Yeshiva, whose grandparents and great grandparents were undoubtedly pious Jews, has no Jewish descendents. The irony.

I am glad that the ties I wear are actually "Trump" ties [he has a line of ties and my mother bought some for me] and not from Ralph's line of ties [if he has one].  

One bracha that you make, one mishna you learn, are worth more than Ralph Lifshitz's billions, opulent mansions, and automobile collection.

He is still alive. May he be zoche to do teshuva shleima!!!!

[And give his ma'aser to Yeshivos - with back taxes for the last fifty years!!!!!]