Saturday, May 16, 2015

Yerushalayim! - Chesed Opportunity

Today is Yom Yerushalayim!! I am wearing a white shirt, dark pants,  and will mention Yerushalyim every time I daven and bentch today in honor of the occasion.

Unfortunately, I am no longer zocheh to live in Yerushalyim. However, I am quite eager to spend this Shavuos in the Holy City. So if you know of  any empty, available apartment - please contact me.

From time to time I go alone for Shabbos [with my wife's OK of course], bring a sleeping bag, and sleep on a random table in a random Beis Medrash. Really. And I love every minute of it.

But I want to bring my family along for the chag and I have a 10 month old baby in addition to my wife and other children and I don't think it is right to ask them to suffer such discomfort.

Special mention to my parents who raised me not to be spoiled so that I can enjoy the spiritual riches of life without being overly concerned with the physical. They sent me to Yeshiva and allowed me to appreciate that the greatest pleasures of life are not in the kitchen or on a comfortable bed.