Sunday, January 24, 2016

More Contributors - Stealing?

I called Rav Asher Weiss Shlita and asked him to contribute some Torah to my forthcoming sefer and he readily agreed. You see - even gedolei yisrael are contributing.... [I also called the super-gaon Rav Shlomo Fisher Shlita who also agreed]. 

[I once gave a sefer of mine to Rav Chaim Kniyevsky who wanted very much to pay for it....:-)]

I also asked him if it is permitted to download the program "Word" illegally, thus saving myself 500 shekel. I mean - doesn't [almost] everybody do it??

For the record - he replied that it is not an honest thing to do and he doesn't feel comfortable with the notion [although strictly speaking it might not be considered stealing since they already have יאוש]. 

Halacha li-myse - ask him [or another posek] yourself. But it is interesting how many seemingly honest people will do something dishonest in order to save a few bucks.