Monday, May 3, 2010

Walk A Mile In His Shoes

“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”


EVERYONE is working on their middos during sefiras haomer. Here is a practical idea.

Stop criticizing.

Your wife/husband/children/parents/friends etc. DON'T WORRY. Chances are that they criticize themselves enough. I probably criticize myself 290 times a day - before lunch. So I told my wife long ago - "You don't have to criticize me too much. I can save you the effort." I noticed that my inclination to criticize myself extends to an inclination to criticize my children. This is DESTRUCTIVE and what I consider my greatest fault among many. I wish I could stop already and I am going to try to stop TODAY.

If you stop criticizing others you will allow them to grow in a healthy way and your energy won't be sapped so that you can continue growing.

There is much too much too much criticism in our society and it ISN'T healthy. Not enough positive and an overabudance of negative.

Love and blessings!:)