Tuesday, June 29, 2010

What Is A Friend?

“A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.”

William Shakespeare

One thing I often write about is the high levels of criticism I observe in relationships. Parents criticize children, children criticize parents, wives criticize husbands, husbands criticize wives etc. etc.

It would be quite worthwhile to keep Will's words in mind [especially given the fact that he wrote it in English I can understand unlike much of what he wrote in his books. When I had to read Shakespeare in school I used the "Artscroll" elucidated Shakespeare].

The questions are WHAT to say and HOW to say it. Thinking about this will bring much peace to our lives while at the same time helping others grow.