Sunday, November 28, 2010

Nazir And Tefillin

Right now I am learning Maseches Nazir [well actually right now I am writing this blog, but you catch my drift]. At the Shabbos table my daughter [the older one - not the baby] asked me a SHTARKE kashya. How does a nazir fulfill the mitzva of tefillin? We know that he doesn't cut his hair [sometimes forever] and an excessive amount of hair is considered a chatzitza [interposition] by the poskim.

Nazir, tefillin, can they go together?

Ad kan kushyas Gila Shoshana. Gila is in High School which I find quite remarkable because it was just like yesterday that I was starting High School and older boys would come up to me in the cafeteria waiting to order lunch and say such delightful things as "Get to the back of the line, stupid freshie." I am sure that Bais Yaakov girls in Yerushalayim are more gentle [not gentile - gentle].