Thursday, May 5, 2011

What Does It Mean....?

The students of Rebbe Akiva died because "lo nohagu kavod zeh bazeh" - they didn't show each other respect. NOT that they were rude to each other, NOT that they mistreated or slandered one another but that they didn't show sufficient respect to one another [or "one to another"? English has never been my strong point. And my high-school english teacher who tried to straighten me out is in the Oilam Ha-Emes - where Shakespere takes a back seat to the likes of the Chofetz Chaim and Whitman to the Vilna Gaon].

Questions:

WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO SHOW RESPECT TO MY FELLOW MAN?

DO I DO IT?

Do I respect the guy behind the counter at the grocery store or am I just polite?

Do I respect children or am I somewhat condescending at times because I am an adult and I know better?

Do I REALLY respect my teachers and parents?

Do I respect MYSELF?

What does it mean to respect myself?

I would LOVE you to think about and discuss these quesions over shabbos and share with me some feedback [my email address is well known..]. I want to fix the sin of Rebbe Akiva's students and would appreciate help.

Love, blessings and a shabbos of BLISS to all of my sweetest friends!!!:)