Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Greatest Gift

One of my children, in their pure-holy-un-media-affected-no-Internet-no-television-no-movie-way, once asked me why very religious people have more children than more modern people? How does it work? In my neighborhood, just about every woman under forty is either expecting, or recently had a baby. In less frum places, two or three or maybe even four children is the norm. In frum places, by the time she is 27 she already has at least four and that is just the "appetizer".

Why? Is it because of the special love that Hashem has for those who are faithful to Him? Maybe that is part of it but we know another reason... [I didn't tell my child this.]

Pharoh tried to have the Jewish fetuses aborted and Jewish babies killed. We are in favor of babies. So why do so many Jews limit their output?

The answer very often is money. Before people get married they already go to the Rabbi to ask for a heter to postpone conception [and others don't even ask].

I am in a bit of a rush so I will keep it short.

A child IS expensive but is worth FARRRR more than money can buy. I have over 20 billion dollars.

?????

I have five children בלי עין הרע and if you would offer me 4 billion dollars to take a child away I would never agree.

Most Charedim in Israel have very little money but that doesn't stop them from having large families while people with good jobs and a lot of money have a child every 7 years because they fear that the child will cost too much. 

A child is the source of the greatest feeling of love and connection possible. They are worth the money. Really. Hands down. A no-brainer.

Please - if you are fortunate enough to be married, give the world the greatest gift possible - a Jewish child.

There is nothing sweeter and more pure.