Thursday, October 31, 2013

Ask Mechila


Related Orli Yisrael of Yerushalayim: I had been married for 5 years and hadn't yet been blessed with a child. I went to doctors and received various treatments, none of which helped. My husband went to see Rav Ben Tov who examined our mezuzot. The Rav told my husband about all of the treatments I had undergone. He then said "One of you broke off an engagement and didn't ask mechila" [it was me]. My husband said "Yes, he lives in Tel Aviv".

"No, he is in America. Tell your wife to ask him for mechila".

Less than a week later he returned from America and I asked him for mechila. The Rav also told me to do hatarat nedarim, keep taharat hamishpacha, hear havdala, place my bed on a north-south axis and to light Shabbat candles and promised "Within 3 months you will be pregnant".

I had done a treatment for a test-tube baby and I prayed that it would fail. It did and soon afterwards I became pregnant. I went to tell the Rav the good news. He told me "You bought a book on pregnancy - burn it" [it was probably filled with immodest content]. "Separate challah every month and bake challot".   

Nine months later I gave birth to a healthy baby boy.

My husband used to attend the Rosh Chodesh seudot of the Rav. One time he called out - "Rav, give my wife a bracha that she should get pregnant". The Rav answered "She already is".

The next day I did a test and I was! Then my daughter was born. I am so glad that I knew the Rav.

[צדיק המזוזות עמוד 181]

Zchus hatzadikim yaazor vi-yagein vi-yoshea!!