Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Going Too Far - Mishigenne World - Simchos By Yidden - A Shidduch Crisis? - My Gila - Hashem Will Take Care Of Everything

i don't want to belabor the point because it grosses me out - but I will say this about the recent ruling of the Supreme Court: The Medrash [בר"ר כ"ו ט] says that the fate of the דור המבול was sealed only after they institutionalized marriage between man and man and man and beasts [i.e. they wrote גמוסיות which means a ksuba]. Meaning - you want to be sinful. OK. Not great but bearable.

But to make sin a societal norm is going too far. That was the end of them.

Soon to be article in the Sunday New York Times:

Congragulations to Mr. Justin Mishigene on his marriage to his pet antelope "Tommy". The groom is a graduate of the "New School" in downtown Manhattan and a photographer for National Geographic. "Tommy" the "bride" loves eating ants.

On a brighter note: My Gila is in a grade of about 400 girls. They are 19 years old and an average of 3-4 girls get engaged every week. About every other day Gila tells me about another girl who became engaged. Just today she told me about a girl who was born the day after her in the same hospital [Misgav Ladach] who became a kallah. No shidduch crisis here. The parents make inquiries, then the couple meets [for maybe a week if they are litvish and one time if they are chasidish] and BOOM - MAZEL TOV!!! [Gila wants to go chasidish. I didn't tell her. I guess she just naturally picked it up from me over the years].

AHHHHH - Simchas by Yidden. May I take the liberty of blessing my Gila that she should be one of the fortunate ones in the near future. And may I thank Hashem in advance for paying for it because I certainly can't....