Tuesday, October 31, 2017

A Big Day

What occurred on October 25th 1971:

A man dies two days after being shot during an Irish Republican Army attack on the British Army in Belfast

Belgium & People's Republic of China establish diplomatic relations

General Meeting of UN agrees to admit People's Republic of China

United Nations votes to expel the Chinese Nationalist ruled Taiwan and admit the Communist People's Republic of China

I kicked my mother in the stomach many many times [from the inside]. She had to go to the hospital. "Beis Cholim Har Sinai" in Upper Manhattan. [Sorry mom - it seemed like the only way out of there]. Then I came out of my little hiding place [called by Chazal "קבר"]. I looked for a mountain and Moshe Rabbeinu but didn't find. Since then I have been trying to get back there. To the real Har Sinai. And since that fateful day - life has never been the same for neither me nor my mother.

הודו לה' כי טוב כי לעולם חסדו!!!!