Saturday, February 25, 2023

Remaining Calm

A woman was shopping in a supermarket when her young child started to cry. The woman, in a calm voice, said, "We just need to get a few more things, Sharon, and then we're done." The tantrum continued, the child screaming even louder. The mother said calmly, "We've finished shopping, Sharon, all we need to do is to pay."


At the cashier, the screaming and crying intensified. The mother, still quiet and collected, continued, "We are almost done, Sharon, and then we can go to the car." The child continued screaming until finally they got to the car and she calmed down.

A young man came over to the mother and said to her, "I watched you in there, and I just wanted to tell you how impressed I am with your ability to keep your calm while Sharon was throwing her tantrum. I learned an important lesson from you."

The mother thanked the man, and then added: "But her name in not Sharon. I am Sharon."