Saturday, August 26, 2023

It's All Relative - Yom Tov Expenses

I was listening to an interview with a big time [frum] CEO [an old acquaintance] and he chuckled at how his first job paid him 50k a year. 

For the record, in my heyday I was making 13k a year and only one year of my life where I hit paydirt, I was paid 18k. 

This is not a complaint חס ושלום. If I wanted to make money, I would have entered a profession that pays decently. I knew what I was getting into and that is what I wanted and I don't regret it for a quarter of a second [although stand up comedy lost a great letz]. Just a remark that it is all relative. When you have so many millions - 50k is funny. And a comment that if people value education, that should be expressed in the way teachers are remunerated. Like, for example, people can go where they want for Yomim Tovim but they should make sure before they go that their children's teachers have enough money for basic expenses.