Thursday, February 4, 2021

Control - No Picnic

I am not saying not to take the Covid vaccine. That is a question for a doctor [or a Rav or both or neither] and I am not that. 

But I will say this. They have no vaccine for the many many forms of cancer that torture and kill millions. They have no vaccine for the heart conditions that torture and kill so many. They have no vaccine for countless illnesses out there. They have no vaccine to prevent the ravages of aging on the body. They have no vaccine to prevent all of our inevitable deaths. It is just a matter of time. In a hundred years NONE of us will be here. [Unless Moshiach comes and I believe he will!!!]. I myself, given my age, can only live 50 or so years maximum and then lights out. Or much sooner. I pray for life.    

In short: People want control. They feel that if they are vaccinated they are now in control. Corona can't harm them. That is why some people went to incredible lengths to get vaccinated. I know one fellow who flew halfway across the country for a vaccine. The problem is that this isn't true. Nobody claims that the vaccine is 100 percent successful. Nobody claims that there are no negative side effects. Nobody knows what the long term effects are. Nobody knows almost anything other than that we don't know almost anything. PM Benjy admitted that the vaccine doesn't protect from the new mutation of the virus. [He also is quoted as saying that Israel received so many vaccines in return for Israel sharing w/ the drug companies the results of the treatment. In other words (my words) - we are the guinea pigs of the world. I didn't hear him say that but saw him quoted as saying that. This is odd b/c Jews do everything they can to avoid pig]. 

So my message is NOT that one shouldn't get vaccinated. Do whatever the doctors say or whatever you want. Or what your Rav tells you if he chooses to pasken this.  

My message is that we should let go of the need to be in control b/c we never have been fully in control of our lives and never will be. 

אין עוד מלבדו. Acknowledge Who is in control and relax. It might not go as you hope for but this world ain't a picnic for NOBODY!!