Saturday, January 27, 2024

Cruise Control

I am not a Navi nor the son of a Navi [although maybe my father IS a Navi and hides it well] so I can't know רצון השם on matters He didn't reveal, but I wonder if He is in favor of His children going on cruises while their brothers are out on the battlefield, dying in the hundreds, leaving behind distraught parents, widows and orphans, while so many others lie suffering in pain in hospital beds after having suffered injuries. And of course we can't forget the hostages who are in Genenom.

Who am I to talk? Maybe the only reason that I am not on a cruise right now is b/c I simply can't afford it. I use the money Hashem gives me for less exciting things such as rent and groceries. True. I probably would be on a cruise. But now that I am not, I am allowing myself to ask what Hashem wants.

And if people are blessed with extra money them maybe Hashem would want the money to go to the families of the people defending our existence who could really use it?

And if people are ordering special kosher meals and thus have kashrus questions there is no doubt that it is assur to be in such an environment. 

Just wondering. Don't want to spoil anyone's fun. 

I am going to Cancun by plane. 

First class.