Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ruminations On Friendship

Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend.

Plautus

Since there is nothing so well worth having as friends, never lose a chance to make them.

Francesco Guicciardini [A bonus if you can pronounce his name!!:)]

When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

Edward W. Howe

The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend.

Henry David Thoreau

Shalom Sweetest Friends!!

I have spent much time pondering the nature of true friendship. My conclusion is that a true friend is someone who loves and accepts you NO MATTER WHAT. UNCONDITIONALLY! Then the saying of our Holy Sages pops into my mind [POP!] and I remember - What is true, lasting love? Ahava sheaino tluya badavar - Unconditional love. In good times and bad times.

Wow!! Wouldn't it be great to have such a friend?! Well, I conclude then with a quote from Emerson: The only way to have a friend is to be one.

Love and blessings sweetest friends!!