Thursday, January 22, 2015

Words Of Thanks - Help Continue The Flow Of Light

I have reached, thanks to Hashem, a milestone of sorts....

A half a million.

500,000 visits to this blog.... and counting.  This requires me to thank all of you for coming and learning with me. It is a huuuuuge zchus for me and I am indebted to all of my beloved friends for frequenting Mevakesh. I also hope and believe that people are not only learning but also growing spiritually and making [even minor] changes for the better in order to become more spiritual, kinder and more loving. That is the purpose of the blog. It takes up a lot of time but many people have convinced me that it helps them so it is worth the effort.

In order to research for the blog and also for my other blog and for the weekly chiddushim on the parsha [in Hebrew] that appears on various websites that is sent in email form etc. and for the commentary to Shas that I am writing BS"D and in order to answer halachic questions people ask me and in order to provide people with source material they request and .... etc. etc. I use the Otzar Hachochma program. So don't be impressed that I know a lot because anybody with the Otzar knows a lot [if you would like you can be impressed with my ability to read and comprehend things quickly but that comes from Hashem so be impressed with Him and not me].

I am looking for a sponsor who will enable me to purchase the newest edition of the Otzar that features thousands of new sfarim. It costs only a thousand shekels [250 dollars] which is approximately 999 more than I can spare right now. So I am willing to put in the first shekel and need someone or a number of people to cover the rest. You will have the zchus in my learning [3 sdarim a day as long as Hashem decrees in His loving kindness that I can continue this project of learning w/o earning] and the tens of thousands of visitors that will come to Mevakesh in the future, in addition to the other Torah projects in which I am involved. You can't lose. It is like - you are learning even when you are not learning.

In addition - once that is covered I would like to buy the Bar Ilan disk on key that will further enhance my learning, teaching, writing and zikkui ha-rabbim. That costs 2450 shekels [a little over 600 dollars].

Basically - the Otzar is less money than one night in a hotel for a couple. This Pesach many of us will be spending 8 of them in one [I am looking at Hawaii. My wife hails from Cleveland and with all due respect, I want to show her the more exotic, scenic part of the US. Last year we did the south of France. Two years ago - a cruise in the Pacific. Three - ARIZONA! Four - the EDEN ROC - it ROCKED! My favorite part is singing לשנה הבאה בירושלים as I plan in my mind where we REALLY want to be לשנה הבאה.]  The Bar Ilan program values at the price of one night in a hotel for the couple plus lunch. Nu-nu. The rewards in this and the next world are infinite....

But I warn you - G-d's salvation comes in an instant and He might send me the money right after I post this and then it will be too late.....

A SPECIAL THANK YOU to my parents who bought me my first computer which thrust me into the world of spreading Torah to the world electronically. They also enabled my very existence. How do you ever repay someone for giving you existence??!! For eternity!