Tuesday, February 13, 2018

We Are All Created ..... Unequal

There is this notion in the contemporary post modern world in which we live: That we are all equal. People get VERY offended when the implication is made [and certainly when stated overtly] that people aren't equal.

The whole notion is absurd. No human being is equal to any other human. We were all created unequal. I am not musical. You are. I am not good at fixing things. You are. I am good at math [let's say]. You are better at science. The differences are infinite.   

Men and women aren't equal. Men are bigger faster and stronger. There are no women in the NFL. There never will be. Men also commit murders more than women. No contest. We as a gender are far more violent. Have you ever heard of five women gang raping a man? Am I offended because someone says that my gender is more violent? I am not proud of it but those are the facts and as the point is often made - the facts don't care about my feelings. Men and women have different brains and psychological makeup. Men are less emotional. No doubt about it. Women are more connected to families and relationships. The President of Harvard [I believe - if not a different Ivy League school] bought his daughter fire trucks. There are no gender differences so we can condition little girls to play with fire trucks just like boys. Right? How did she react? She made a "daddy fire truck" and a "mommy fire truck"....  

Men have big egos. We really do. I do and frankly - I am not known as a person with a big ego [but then again I don't know what people say behind my back...:-)]. I know many many men with much bigger egos than I have but that doesn't solve my own ego problem. Why do I have an ego? Because I am particularly talented or good at anything? I am really not. I am one of the bigger losers that I know and have failed at many important things in life. I have an ego because of my "y" chromosome. Meaning, that I am male. I don't let my failures get in the way of having a healthy self esteem. Hashem loves me because I am His son [not in the Yoshke sense ח"ו] and made me special as he made every human being special. But yet, my ego convinces me of the sheker that I am more special than most. It is a disease. A mental illness. "Maleness-eosis". I just don't see women having the same ego as most men I know. We are FUNDAMENTALLY unequal in almost every way.  [I know one man who claims that he has no ego. What I find ironic is that NEVER in my life have I met a man with a bigger ego. I am embrassed at times by how egotistical he is. Most of us know how to hide it but he is quite open about his super-super inflated view of himself and his countless wonderful accomplishements]. 

We don't have to be offended about our differences. They are part and parcel of how we were created and every flaw has advantages and every advantage has flaws. [The male ego has quite a few positive uses and אין כאן המקום להאריך בזה]. 

Jews and Goyim are different. How many black and Hispanic people are in jail for violent acts of crime as compared to Jews? Have you every seen 4 black guys standing on a street corner on 125th street in Harlem and one guy says to his buddies "Watch out, there is a Jewish kid from Columbia U. coming towards us - let's get outta here before he mugs us"? That doesn't mean that all or even most blacks are criminals. Most of them are good law abiding citizens. But statistically there are more of them in jail than the the white population.

Some statistics?

In 2014, African Americans constituted 2.3 million, or 34%, of the total 6.8 million correctional population.
African Americans are incarcerated at more than 5 times the rate of whites.
The imprisonment rate for African American women is twice that of white women.
Nationwide, African American children represent 32% of children who are arrested, 42% of children who are detained, and 52% of children whose cases are judicially waived to criminal court.
Though African Americans and Hispanics make up approximately 32% of the US population, they comprised 56% of all incarcerated people in 2015.
If African Americans and Hispanics were incarcerated at the same rates as whites, prison and jail populations would decline by almost 40%.

I didn't make that up. It is from the NAACP website which promotes the fair treatment of blacks. Would they lie??

Jews win Nobel Prizes and make important inventions and discoveries FARRRRR out of proportion to their numbers. There are a billion Arabs in the world. What have they contributed to society in the last few hundred years?? Shariya? Jihad? Not all Arabs are bad either. But you get my point.

I grew up playing a LOT of ball. I worked VERY HARD honing my game. Basketball, tennis, softball etc. etc. I jogged, rode my bike, lifted weights etc. etc. What became of me? The same thing that comes out of almost every Jewish kid! I spend all day using my brain. What of my athletic pursuits? At best I could have played division 3 - intramurals.... Jews don't have the athletic talents of Goyim in general and black people specifically. Those are the facts, whether people like it or not.

We Jews have other faults and weaknesses. I would guess that we gossip about each other far more than our Gentile neighbors. The GEMARA [!!] says that we are עזין שבאומות - the most brazen amongst the nations. [עזות also has its postive side. It says in pirkei Avos הוי עז כנמר לעשותרצון אביך שבשמים].   

Men aren't women, Jews aren't Gentiles, smart people aren't stupid people, evil people aren't good people, children aren't adults etc. etc. etc.

Look at the Arab - Israel conflict. What would happen if tomorrow Israel would tell the Arabs "We don't want to fight anymore. We are throwing all of our weapons into the Mediterranean Sea and disbanding our army." Within days [without miraculous Divine intervention] every last Jew in this country would be dead or taken captive. 

What would happen if the Arabs would say the same thing? "We don't want war. We are disbanding our armies and disarming ourselves." At THAT MINUTE there would be peace in the Middle East. We wouldn't attack. We'd be THRILLED. Is that equal? Is this a conflict of two people with equally justified claims and goals? Clearly not. 

Whenever there is a major terrorist attack in the world, one thing is almost certain - you won't immediately know the name of the perpetrators but you will know their religion. And it ain't Hinduism.....  

It was Korach who made the claim that we are all equal - כל העדה כולם קדושים ובתוכם השם ומדוע תתנשאו על קהל השם. But the reality is that while we are all holy Jews, there are still important differences. A Kohen is not a Levi who is not a Yisrael who is not a woman who is not a child. 

But  it really doesn't matter who you are born. What really matters is how you live. מעשיך ירחקוך ומעשיך יקרבוך. A woman will never wear tallis and tefillin but that is not what Hashem wants so it doesn't matter. What matters is whether she is the best woman she can possibly be. 

One final point: There is ONE ELEMENT that binds all of humanity together and that is that we were all created in the image of G-d and thus have the right to respect and dignity. That can be denied by no one.