Thursday, November 8, 2018

Incredulous Claim

I saw on the website of a certain post high school program in Israel that Rabbi X is personally in touch with every one of the graduates. I thought that to be quite a spurious claim. He has been there for about 20 years and they have a student body of about 100 plus boys yearly. So you mean to tell me that he is in touch with 2,000 boys?? Even if he speaks to 3 graduates a day that would mean that it would take him close to two years to speak to every boy just once. It is also clear to me that he doesn't speak to three graduates a day as he is busy with the current program and many other responsibilities. I also know from personal experience that many boys aren't interested in being in touch with their rabbeim after they leave and ignore phone calls or emails, so it can't be that he is in touch with every boy. 

So my question is - Why lie?

Lesson: Don't believe everything you read.