Thursday, March 26, 2020

We Need Big Kiddush Hashem

A small group of Jews in Eretz Yisrael has decided that this whole corona thing is all a Zionist plot to stop religious people from davening and learning Torah. So they continue to act as if nothing is going on. I saw a video of a wedding [LAST NIGHT!!] where they were all dancing like we used to in the old days, hand in hand, totally ignoring the fact that over 22 thousand people are already dead and almost a half a million have been diagnosed [besides the millions that have not been officially diagnosed but probably have it]. I saw an article by one of their leaders in their newspaper exhorting them to ignore all guidelines and keep on going as they always have. SICKENING.  

It is hard for me to conjure up a scenario where otherwise Shomrei Torah would act in a more foolish and evil way. רשעות רשעות רשעות. Not רשעות that intends to be רשעות. But a רשעות that apparently stems from such an intense hatred of people who don't think like they do that they are willing to not only endanger themselves but their wives, children and all of the other innocent people with whom they come into contact. [And ignore EVERY doctor in the world and EVERY Rav as well - besides a handful who are obviously living on a different planet].  

I am beside myself. [Which is complicated because every time I try to be beside myself - there I am and myself is no longer where it was!]

The Rambam says that for חילול השם there is no כפרה in this world. Only death. It is so sad that they are giving a bad name to Torah Jews everywhere. It doesn't matter how much Torah they learn and how much they daven - they can never receive Hashem's forgiveness for as long as they live.

If I had the power, I would get all of their names and put them all in cherem, forbidding any other Jew to ever to talk to them or have anything to do with them. 

Our job is to combat their disgusting behavior with our own Kiddush Hashem on all levels.