Monday, February 11, 2013

We're Flying!

I have not been blogging much because I have been so busy with Yeshivas Skype-Elchanan. Baruch Hashem enrollment is full!! I only wish I had more than 24 hours in the day and didn't have to sleep. The concept is brilliantly-simple - No tuition, no dorms, no food, no bills, no fundraising expeditions, no politics, no competing with other yeshivas, no recruiting [just a blog post and an email and we were Baruch Hashem there]. Just Torah-Torah-Torah. Among the topics being studied - Masechtos Megilla, Gittin, Ksubos, Sfas Emes and lots of laughs.

FORTUNATELY [!!!]  - Shiurim from the Yeshiva will be on-line. With one young man I learn Gittin, so I decided to invite Rav Chaim Shmuelevitz, the Mirrer Rosh Yeshiva, to give a Shiur Klali on the topic of Breira. Sadly, he couldn't make it so I read the notes one of his talmidim took from his shiur and tried to clearly explain the profound and thought provoking sugya based on those notes, here.

It is soooooo gratifying when something actually works out well:).