Wednesday, December 25, 2013

It's My Life


Myse Shehaya:

It was Tuesday, the middle of the winter of 5756 (1996). There was a huge snowstorm. The roads were half closed and half open, only crazy people were out driving. My Rebbi, Rav .... was scheduled to give us a shiur. Would he come or not?
 
At their home, the rabbi's wife explained to him that there was nothing to discuss. "With all due respect for your work, your life is more important. I will not allow you to put yourself in danger because of your work." The rabbi heard her and went back to his room. For an hour he paced in the room like a caged lion, crossing back and forth, over and over again. After an hour, the rabbi left his room and quickly went to the table in the living room. "It's not my work," he said, "It's my life." He took the keys of the car and left. Rav .... arrived to give his shiur.