Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Shovevim - Intro

Now we entered the period of the year called Shovevim which is an acronym for the parshiyos from Shmos until Mishpatim. The Sifrei Kabbala teach that at this time of year we are supposed to fix the area of life relating to tzniyus matters. Mitzrayim was the "Ervas Ha-aretz" [nakedness of the land] and we must fix that and leave our own little Mitzrayims. Some tzadikim fast either every day or at least Monday and Thursday during this period.

The truth is that the blog doesn't suffice to convey even a fraction of what has to be taught about this topic but that is all I have.... I have also been asked to post audio shiurim which I hope to do as well.

I have a friend who likes to tell me "I want to make you famous". I don't want to be famous [although I wouldn't mind being "rich and unfamous" as opposed to being "poor and infamous":-)] but he tells me that this way I can help change the world. Changing the world for the better is a constant obsession of mine so I can't argue with his sentiments. In the meantime I hope to enlighten and inspire myself and others through the medium of this blog to become holier and more pure.

I take these posts very seriously because every second I am writing them I am not learning another tosfos and since I am on earth on a limited visa [and I don't know when it will expire], I value my time...

The most important thing to keep in mind at all times is who is King....