Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Lyla Tov

In my house, the children that Hashem was so kind as to grant me, start speaking English but then after they start going to school and learning Hebrew that becomes their primary language and they speak an Israeli accented and not completely comfortable English. I usually speak to them in Hebrew because I want to make sure that they understand me. Not that they always listen to what I say, but at least I know that it wasn't because they didn't understand the words.... 

Anyway, the other day I asked my 3 year old daughter [four on Sunday אי"ה] Adina'le, whose English is better than her Hebrew, what לילה טוב means. She answered "Go to sleep".

The mussar is that we all have filters in our brains and everything we hear and see goes through those filters. There is reality and there is our perception of reality.

Big topic. Not the time...