Thursday, December 11, 2014

Watching TV

This is a very amusing audio clip. How often does it happen that the rabbi is arguing in favor of owning and watching television and his students are arguing against?! Here it is from about 19:20 to 25:00.  Rav Ovadiah whom he quotes calls it a breach of tzniyus, moshav leitzim etc. etc. He feels that his opinion is as valid as Chacham Ovadiah. [His rebbi having a TV in the 1950's is not a proof:-). TV has changed quite a bit since then]. Having world class doctors who daven mincha is also not a proof that one should own a TV.

[This is not meant to be disrespectful. The speaker's daughter set me up with my wife who bore me 6 children. I have only nice things to say about him, his daughter, my wife and almost all human beings. I will let you decide whether TV is a good thing:-). I link this because it is novel and raises an important point. I am sure many of my readers own TV's and we remain friends].