Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Musings On Reaching The Biggie

The Mets, the team of my youth, made it to the World Series.
 
And I couldn't care less. I just can't get myself to take games seriously or to assign any importance to them.
 
Nebuch.
 
I could have been so happy, like I was in '86 when "we" won the Series. But then I was 15, immature, and cared deeply about games. Now I find myself caring about things like the security of the Land of Israel and Jews worldwide, ending world hunger and disease and getting people to stop yapping away on buses and in public places.
 
But games? Games just don't do it for me anymore. If  they win the Series, they just won a "game" and if they lose, it is ALSO a game.
 
Just a game.
 
Then again - a lot of my friends do care. So if it makes yidden happy that the Mets win, then I say ...
 
 
GO METTTTSSSS!!!!!!