Wednesday, June 20, 2018

My Holy Friend

[note - the smaller and larger font in this post are because I couldn't get all of the font to be one size]

I have a friend whom I genuinely love. He is a Belzer Chossid who grew up totally differently from the way I did but that doesn't come between us. He never heard of the NCAA and never watched TV in his life. [אשריו ואשרי חלקו!!]

He is so smiley and every smile is with all of his heart. Every time I speak with him he makes me feel like he really cares about what I have to say. I wish I could give him two thousand dollars a month to support his family. It would be a huge zchus. I have no idea how he supports his large and beautiful family. [His kids are sweet looking like angels]. 

This very friendly down to earth man sits and learns these REALLY DEEP kabala sefarim. When I open them up and start reading I can't understand one sentence. I am not exaggerating. Zilcho. When I told him this he laughed and told me that I am being humble. I am not humble [although someone once spoke in a public forum and insisted that I have the middah of "humbility":-)]. Far from it. I also REALLY don't get a word of sefarim that he reads through.  I like to joke around with him [I try in Yiddish when I can - he never corrects my errors]. Probably because I like to joke around with everybody. But he is a man deeply immersed in kabala! Yet he laughs heartily at everything I say giving me the [false] notion that I am funny. 

He is a very pnimi person. Speech is a way we relate to the world which can often make one chitzoni - focused on the outside and not on his soul. This man is completely focused on his soul. He almost never speaks until spoken too but once spoken too he will immediately engage fully. He walks down the street head down and fully immersed in thought. I can't imagine him ever saying a bad word about anybody. Not only that he probably hasn't but I can't even imagine him doing so. 

Why am I sharing this? For various reasons. One is that we often wait for people to die in order to sing their praises while this man has a long way to go - so why wait. 

Maybe he is one of those hidden 36 tzadikim in the world?

#complementajewtoday