Saturday, June 16, 2018

No Regrets?? - Who Will Be Happy When I Go?

Something else that struck me about his goodbye letter. And I am not writing this to be critical for it is a matter of chinuch: He said that he leaves this life with no regrets. A entire lifetime and no regrets!! WOW!!

I don't go to bed at night without regrets about the previous day. My davening is NEVER up to par, nor is my learning, nor is my bein adam la-chaveiro and the list goes on. THREE times every day I ask Hashem to forgive me for my countless sins. Day after day after day. 

When my time comes and I leave this world [for those who get upset when I make appeals, this cannot come to soon] and my skinny body [I recently weighed myself - 56 kilo-123 pounds on a 5-10 frame. So when I go, the chevre kadisha won't have trouble carrying me and the worms won't have much to eat B"H], I will be FILLED [not with fat but with] with a LIFETIME of regrets. Small and large.  

And I am not alone. So how does one deal with this?

A] Be happy for the good things you do. We am not all bad or all good. Somewhere in the middle.

B] Be in a CONSTANT state of teshuva.

C] Rely on the "grace of G-d". He knows you are trying your best [usually].

D] Keep trying your best. 

But never, NEVER with depression,  melancholy or being forlorn [what is "forlorn? Two lorn plus two lorn"].  ALWAYS BI-SIMCHA!!!


Bi-ahava rabba,
Me