Sunday, June 10, 2018

When Will I Get Rich?

"רַבִּים אֹמְרִים מִי יַרְאֵנוּ טוֹב" [תהילים ד' ז'] 

A lot of people say - when will I see good?? 

They look at the "successful people" with all of the money and say "WHEN WILL I HAVE GOOD [I.E. MONEY]???? 

The pasuk continues 

"נְסָה עָלֵינוּ אוֹר פָּנֶיךָ יְ-ה-וָ-ה"

Let the light of your face shine upon us.

If we feel the light of Hashem's face then we are no longer jealous of the material success of others. We are soooooo happy with our connection to Hashem that millions lose all importance in our eyes. 

"נָתַתָּה שִׂמְחָה בְלִבִּי מֵעֵת דְּגָנָם וְתִירוֹשָׁם רָבּוּ".

On the contrary - "You put gladness in my heart when their grain and wine abounded".  

The secret to not being jealous of others is being so filled with your own ruchniyus. Then you are thrilled when others do well because when others are happy, you are happy and you don't personally lack because you have what you really need - a connection to Hashem.