Monday, October 22, 2018

Politics - Multilingual

It is ELECTION TIME in Israel. I am not a political person. I am just a simple Jew seeking Hashem and the meaning of Existence. But I am being pressured to vote for party "X". I am also being pressured to vote for party "Y". There are a lot of impure things going on,as is the custom in politics. 

One story [of many]: Candidate "X" told me that Rav Ploni is behind him. I just met someone who insisted that this is true [he approached me to convince me that "X" should be our man]. Now whether one has to listen to Rabbonim when it comes to elections is a good question [which I have written about in the past, if I recall correctly] but either way, I was confused because I had also been told that this Rav [whom I like and respect but who is not my personal Rav] supported the other side. 

So I said to myself "Hey self, ask him personally!!! You speak Hebrew - he speaks Hebrew. You speak English - he speaks English. You speak Latin - he doesn't". So I picked up the phone and called him. After apologizing [in Latin] for bothering him - I asked him straight away [in Hebrew]. He told me unequivocally that he supports .... candidate "Y". 

Lesson: A lot of false words are said. If you can - find the truth out yourself.