Thursday, October 25, 2018

Still Hope? - I Need A Loan

Today I turned 47 on the secular calender. This has made me rethink whether I will ever play in the majors. But then I think of Phil Niekro who played regularly until he was 48 and Julio Franco who played until he was 49. 

And then I realize that I am a grown up and don't have to dream about playing games. Games may be fun - but they don't give one real purpose and meaning. So it is OK that my career is over and never even started...… 

People like Rav Moshe Feinstein and Rav Shlomo Zalman Auerbach have successful careers deep into their 80's and 90's. Maybe I should start to learn Torah seriously??

Anyway  - I'm Jewish [or so claims my mother]. Jews generally own teams rather than play for them. Maybe I will buy the Mets? 

Anyone can lend me a few hundred million?