Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Why I Love My New Job!

For years it has bothered me that the standard yeshiva schedule has too much vacation. It recently hit me - I make the rules now! So I told the guys in the kollel that except for a few days of chol hamoed - vacation is cancelled!:-) Fun!!! We get to learn during bein hazmanim.

It always bothers me when people answer their phone during learning, so I made a rule - No phones during the seder.

I don't like smoking. So I made a rule - No smokers in my Kollel.

It bothers me that people don't remember their learning. So I made a rule - Everybody has to summarize the gemara we learn in writing in order that they remember it better.

I don't like when people come late to seder. So I made a rule - Everybody must come on time. Not a minute late. This one we are still working on....

It's FUN being Rosh Kollel!

So thanks again to everyone who "elected" me into office.

Love and blessings!!