Saturday, September 24, 2011

Good Decree

As I look back on the previous rosh hashana I realize that one of the best things that ever happened to me was decreed. I started my DREAM job. Not even a job. A labor of love. Having my very own kollel. Ahhhhhhh!

There is one thing I severely dislike about it - the need to fundraise. I love to funraise because I love fun but it's the added "d" that gets me. So this Rosh Hashana I will ask Hashem that this year I will be able to give out lots of money and try to have special kavana in bentching "vi'lo lidei matnas basar vadam" - we shouldn't need handouts. Giving is FUN, taking isn't. If it is decreed that I must continue fundraising then I will be happy because it will mean that I won't be punished in Olam Haba because of all the embarrassment in Olam Hazeh.

If you are fortunate enough to be a giver then may I suggest that you count your blessings because they are many.

Sweetest friends - THANKS FOR LETTING ME SHARE MY FEELINGS. SHARING IS CARING!!:-)