Tuesday, May 29, 2012

How A Yid Thinks

"Ask those who love Him with a sincere love, and they will tell you that they find no greater or prompter relief amid the troubles of their life than in loving conversation with their Divine Friend."


"Your friend" [Mishlei 27] this is referring to Hashem [Rashi שבת ל"א ד"ה דעלך סני לחברך לא תעבד]

This morning I was zocheh to be in the OLD CITY and to daven at the KOYYYYSELL HAMAARAVI!! [This has happened in the past...] I was beginning, as is my wont, to worry. Tommorrow I fly to the US, or to be more exact, [I can't fly. Only Jordan used to fly and I don't think he can do so anymore either. If you are my age and followed basketball you remember the play-by-play man exclaim "Who says man can't fly!"] the plane will fly to the US and if I can correctly answer all of the many questions they will ask me at customs and then almost completely disrobe and then enter an x-ray machine which I hope will discover that I am filled with pnimiyus - I will be on the plane.

Why worry? Well, maybe my trip will fail, the kollel will close and then what?? Nothing like optimistic thinking...

Well then I think things like, "No, it'll work out. Last year it worked out and this year will be even better".

But wait! If I am at the kotel that is not the correct thought process. So here is how a yid thinks...

"I will definitely succeed because I am with Hashem. Success is defined as what Hashem wants and what ever happens is EXACTLY what Hashem wants. I will do my best [I am not exactly sure what that entails but I am learning..] and He will take care of me. Nothing bad can come out of this because there is nothing bad. He is my Friend and only wants what's best for me."

AHHHHHHHH!!!

So I don't need tranquilizers that are so popular but a "natural", "alternative" solution which put me blissfully at ease.

BITACHON!

LOTSA BITACHON!

:-)

הבוטח בשם חסד יסובבנהו - One who puts his trust in the Almighty is surrounded by chesed. So said Dovid Ha-melech and so has been my life experience until now. May it only continue.

לנו ולכל ישראל אמןןןןןןןןןן!!!!

Love and blessings