Saturday, May 5, 2012

Come Home - A Divine Message

I never like going away for Shabbos. I am happy right where I am. I mean, I live right near the Kotel for crying out loud [which is what people often do there..]. Hashem's back yard. ברוך השם מציון שוכן ירושלים - Blessed is Hashem from Tziyon, Who dwells in Yerushalayim. So I barely ever go away. I make an exception when a friend invites me to his aufruff or Kollel business beckons and I find myself in one of "five towns" or where the T meets the Neck [as opposed to a "V-Neck"] I happily stay home. For better or for worse I have few friends so the aufruff thing rarely happens and the Kollel business is hopefully going to end soon because someone is going to contribute 7 figures so that I can happily sign checks for Torah scholars and spread Dvar Hashem bi-simcha enabling me to avoid trans-atlantic journeys [even though that would mean no more great airplane stories].

I just have to find this person....:-).

This Shabbos, for reasons far beyond what I want to get into in this forum, I went away with my family. We stayed in someone's apartment who was kind enough to leave it for us. I noticed something interesting in their apartment. On the wall next to their front door they had a beautiful photograph of ...... my street in the Old City including my building.

I almost heard Hashem saying "ELCHANAN BEN HENNA MIRIAM!! WHERE ARE YOU GOING? DO YOU NOT LIKE MY DWELLING PLACE. LOOK!! EVEN YOUR HOSTS WHO LIVE IN A BEAUTIFUL SETTLEMENT KNOW "WHERE IT'S AT."

Hashem - message received.

:-)