Monday, May 14, 2012

Harsh Words For The Travel Agent

I think I went overboard....

I called up my travel agent to book a ticket to America and when he tried to help I started to SCREAM "מסית ומדיח!!!!!!!!- You are a subverter to idol worship!! You want me to be an עובד עבודה זרה!!!!" He couldn't understand. He was just trying to help...

In fact, the gemara says [כתובות קי] that when Dovid Hamelech was forced to leave the Land he compared it to idol worship.

What I must make clear is that only PART of what I just wrote actually happened. You decide which part:-).

But it does relate to what sometimes happens in life. You try to help somebody - and get rocked for it. It happened to me twice recently. BARUCH HASHEM!! This way all of the goodies are being saved for a different world and I can endeavor to do things purely li-shem shomayim with no expectation of anything [except maybe a few bad words about me...]. Hope you'll join me. Remember the words of wisdom from this Irishman I recently shared.

Looooove and blessings:-)