Sunday, May 13, 2012

Curiosity

Recently I have seen a new person at mikva. This morning I decided to strike up a conversation with him [mikva is a place to "reveal all":-)]. I asked him where he lives. He replied that he lives in another neighborhood in Jerusalem but stays over all week in the Old City and goes home for Shabbos to be with his wife and children. I asked him how many children. He said "More than a minyan and 3 married off". I asked him where he sleeps and he said in a Yeshiva dorm where he teaches. I asked him which Yeshiva and he told me that it doesn't matter, otherwise he'd tell me. I asked him a little about his past and he told me. He was finished getting dressed, wished me a fine day and was on his humming way.

I was so curious. I thought it odd that he leaves his family all week even though he lives in the same city. Does he have marital problems? Is he married at all? Maybe he is divorced and made up the part about his wife. Why won't he tell in which yeshiva he teaches? There were a lot of unanswered questions. I wanted to know more about this mysterious person.

Then I came up with an answer that really answers ALL of my questions. All of 'em.

It's none of my business.