Thursday, April 18, 2024

The Road To Greatness

 משלי ט"ו:ל"א

אֹ֗זֶן שֹׁ֭מַעַת תּוֹכַ֣חַת חַיִּ֑ים בְּקֶ֖רֶב חֲכָמִ֣ים תָּלִֽין׃

The ear that listens to reproof which gives life will be at home among the wise.

The GREATEST favor you can do for someone is to help them become a better person. That is worth TRILLIONS. I wouldn't give up my few positive qualities or adopt negative qualities [I have more than enough of them] for all of the money in the world.

Yet, I have been asked thousands of time to give others money but am never asked by anyone to give them mussar. [When I have some for an individual - and I do all the time - I almost always keep my thoughts to myself. In order to have the proper effect one has to want the reproof].  Mussar is the medicine of self-improvement. Why don't people want mussar?? 

Mussar Haskel: If you want to be great - learn mussar, preferably from a good Rebbi. Money flows like water - here today - gone today. Good character is an eternal kinyan and achieving it is one of your main tasks on the planet.