Monday, April 29, 2013

Lev Tov

I like people with a lev tov.

Example: I am here to raise money for lomdei Torah who need it. The issue is, that for various reasons that this is not the forum to discuss, I generally don't directly ask people to contribute [this might explain why I only raised about 1 percent of what I needed to start my Yeshiva that wasn't:)]. Nobody gives because they feel guilty saying no and everybody who gives does so out of the goodness of his or her heart.

Today at the bris I heard that one of the biggest Rabbanim and Talmidei Chachomim in America was there. So I approached him and started talking with him about this and that [turns out that we are sort of related by marriage and that he is a very friendly, humble gentleman...]. He asked me what I am doing here in the US and I told him. I really wasn't intending to get a donation. He asked so I answered. He promptly took out his checkbook and wrote out a nice check to support Torah despite my protestations to the contrary.

He really didn't have to.....

מי כעמך ישראל!:)