Monday, April 29, 2013

Words Of Wisdom From A Homeless Man

.... So I'm on the 1 train going up to 181st. and a man gets on and starts telling his story. He is a single father with 4 little girls, his wife abandoned him etc. etc. and, SURPRISE, he wants people to give him money. Since I feel like I am the lone representative in this train car of all of the Jews ever, I hand him a one dollar bill and wish him well.

He liked that. He shook my hand and said "Shalom!". Then he said "The Torah is HARD! Every word has so much meaning. It's so HARD!"

I couldn't help but agree.

And he never learned a kasha of Reb Shmuel Rozovsky on a terutz of Reb Shimon Shkop on a kasha of the Pnei Yehoshua on a proof of Tosfos that they used to bolster an explanation of the gemara's question on the mishna.

Torah IS hard!

Shalom!