Sunday, June 12, 2022

Wants To Reunite With "Horrible" Ex-Husband

From a religious newspaper:

I’m divorced, and though it sounds weird, I want my husband back. My marriage was not good, but we were so in love. I would have stayed married to him, but he met someone else and wanted to divorce me. At the time, maybe I was also glad, because many times in the marriage I wanted to divorce him because of how he treated me. In fact, I left him a few times, but I came back home. So, in a way, I put the idea in his head in the first place.

Lately he started contacting me by text for stupid reasons, and I feel it’s a sign. My mother won’t let me go back to him. She reminds me about the abuse. The thing is that all the men I am meeting and dating are a bunch of narcissists and psychos. I’m a normal woman and I want a normal marriage and relationship. Is such a thing even possible?

Do you think my ex-husband can become good as a second husband to me? My mother thinks there is something wrong with me to want to go back to a man who was so horrible.

 Me: 

Stay away from your ex with a ten thousand foot pole. His texts ARE a sign. A sign that he wants to continue mistreating and abusing you. Send him one last text saying that he better stop texting you. Otherwise, you will call the police and tell them that you are being stalked by your abusive ex-husband.

Not all men are narcissists and psychopaths. Some are sociopaths, lunatics, drug addicts, tech addicts, alcoholics, thieves, sexual deviants and a host of other mental and spiritual sickos. Some even talk incessantly during davening and Krias Hatorah. רחמנא לצלן!!

The GOOD NEWS is that there are also many great guys out there. Daven a lot to Hashem to help you find the right person. There are also loads of women who are luneys and men want to meet and marry and a normal well adjusted woman just like you. 

Don't despair. There is hope and much light at the end of this dark tunnel.