Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Big Day!

This story happened some years ago. My wife was expecting a baby, but - not good news. She was lacking amniotic fluid which endangers the fetus. Hashem in his great kindness made amniotic fluid to enable the fetus to remain healthy but our fetus was short of this liquid. I was "bugging out" as the young people say. I went to the grocery store to get some - but they didn't have! I went to the local pharmacy - same story!! NOW WHAT? At the time I did not yet know the Rebbi Shlita so I didn't know anyone who could miraculously create some for me. I was in dire straits.

Then my wife had to be hospitalized. Oy vey. I wasn't ready for this. A very short time after her hospitalization I was staying in Har Nof in my in-laws building. At about 1:30 am my mother in- law comes into my room and wakes me "ALLAN [she calls me Allan], Nechi is giving birth. You have to go the hospital". OH NO! It's not time yet. The instructions say "9 months in-utero". So I jumped out of bed [I wish I would always jump out of bed like that] and called a cab. On the way to the hospital I was so nervous and asked Hashem to PLEASE give me a healthy baby.

SWEETEST FRIENDS - HE DID!! Shmuli [officially Shmuel Alexander] was born - delicious and cuddly. Small, but some spinach would take care of that.

Tomorrow morning at sunrise my "baby" is going to be putting on his tefillin at the Kotel for the very first time. When we put the tefillin straps around our finger we say "viairasteech li liolam..." - We are marrying Hashem and the straps are like the ring on the kallah's finger. So I want to take this opportunity to publicly thank Hashem for giving me the privilege of having a beautiful child who will be forever married to Him. He lives opposite the Kodesh Hakodashim, spends his days immersed in Toras Hashem, speaks the Holy Tongue and gives me boundless nachas [bli ayin hara].

May Hashem give all of my sweetest friends beautiful children who will light up the world and may I be included in the bracha and have more [I have been waiting over seven years since the last one and hope that all of my tefillos and yours will produce more - Elchanan ben Henna Miriam]. Hitler yemach shemo killed one and a half million and every one we have is another victory. Jewish children are pure, holy and the entire world exists in the merit of their Torah [as the gemara says]. KEYN YIRBOO!!!!

Love, Blessings and Mazel Tov to all!!!