Monday, December 12, 2011

Sensitivity

Sensitivity can be painful and pleasurable.

Painful - A person's feelings can be hurt quite often.

Pleasurable - Due to the feelings of sensitivity a kind word is deeply appreciated and savored.

Let me give you an example of someone I know whom I will call "me".

I am very sensitive and my feelings get hurt quite often. I TELL myself not to be so sensitive [so I was often told as a child by teachers and friends] but frankly it doesn't really work so well. My heart is more dominant than my rational faculties, so my feelings will continue to get hurt [although I do have a seemingly effective strategy to get hurt less, maybe for another post...].

On the other hand when someone GENUINELY [I can usually smell the difference between genuine and otherwise] shares a kind word it makes me feel really good. For example someone whom I have never met stopped me after mincha today and told me how much they enjoyed the blog. SOMEBODY READS THIS BESIDES ME!!! So thank you D.P.! May you be blessed always!![I don't know how I was identified as my picture does not appear on the blog. Must be the big overcoat I wear that has emblazoned on the back - "MEVAKESH LEV" with a quote from who-knows-who about who-knows-what:-)]. My walk home from mincha was with an elevated spirit [despite my recent serious lack of sleep].

Sweetest friends I have a secret. Shhhhh - come close, don't want to say it too loud. Ally Ehrman is not the only sensitive person on the planet. Everyone is sensitive to varying degrees. So PLEASE watch what you say. Words can kill and words can also revitalize and reJEWvenate.

מוות וחיים ביד הלשון