Saturday, June 30, 2012

Getting Your Prayers Answered

A lady approached me in shul after davening and asked me how she could get her prayers answered. She has been davening to Hashem for a long time for something specific [I have a strong inkling as to what but she didn't say so explicitly..] and even sacrificed to get it but it hasn't come.

One answer to her question might be a pasuk in Ashrei: קרוב ה' לכל קוראיו לכל אשר יקראוהו באמת - Hashem is close to those who call out to Him with complete sincerity. However it doesn't say that you necessarily get what you asked for just that you are close to Him.

I really don't think that there is a specific formula to GUARANTEE that one will get the desired response to a tfilla. Hashem just has a different and more all encompassing perspective on our lives. Everyone feels as if he is lacking SOMETHING be it in the material or spiritual realms. Our job is to daven, believe, daven more, believe more but all the while embrace the reality in which we find ourselves.

Tough job: Daven for change while at the accepting the present reality as being the perfect situation for our well being.

Many people want to control reality. I am one of those people. I am convinced that if I have control I will make everything right.

I am wrong.

PS- I asked her name and promised to daven. Maybe you will join me. Shoshana Rishka bas Leah Baila.