Wednesday, June 13, 2012

New Name

Hello sweet friends!

As you probably know I am here in the States to raise money for the Yeshiva I started. Right now the Yeshiva is for married men but I would like to expand it to include primarily unmarried boys as well. It is much easier to educate and change people when they are still young and single. Right now I can't afford to expand operations because there is almost no money. I have been here for two weeks now and Baruch Hashem some people have contributed but very few and amounts that are generally not enough to sustain anything significant.

Of course I have a dream and I am not going to let early stage disappointment get me down. I am going to continue with what I have and continue expanding with an eye to the future. My trip has been extended into the month of July making the duration of my stay almost 6 weeks. I am remaining here NOT because I don't like my wife and children [:-)] but because of my determination to make this a long term success.

I really feel like I have messages and educational approaches which are effective and not quite so common in Israel and honestly see the value of the project for our people.

Special Offer: Anybody who would like the Yeshiva to carry the name of a relative is now able to grab this opportunity. I am renaming our institution and it goes to the highest bidder. If one day we have a thousand talmidim - the name and the merit remain perpetually.

Anybody else who can contribute [tax deductible] is urged to do so. The check can be made out to "Ohr David Outreach" and sent to 326 Kingston Avenue Brooklyn New York 11213. Next to "memo" write "Kollel Iyun Hanefesh". If you would like to donate with a credit card you can call 718 715 1800 [Israel time] and speak to the secretary. The tax id number is #25-1534209.

This blog GETS AROUND Baruch Hashem so many people know about what we are doing. If you are my partner and pass it on then you are blessed. גדול המעשה יותר מן העושה - Greater is the one who causes other to do than one who does himself.

Thank you beloved friends - for the past year and for the future. May we be zoche להגדיל תורה ולהאדירה!!

Love and blessings,

Elchanan [Ally] Ehrman