Sunday, July 8, 2012

Hashgacha Pratis

Two more signs from above.

1] On Friday I copied and pasted a dvar torah on the blog from Rabbi Mordechai Kaminetzky. I usually try to get permission before I do that [even with attribution] but I didn't know his email and assumed he wouldn't mind but still didn't feel great about it. After Shabbos as I leave shul I was introduced to  - you guessed it - Rabbi Mordechai Kaminetzky, and after a long talk about everything I remembered to tell him that I just posted his dvar torah and asked him permission to post future divrei torah, which he graciously granted. [He also said that when he sees a sefer in a bookstore and he reads a vort he likes, he asks himself "Is this vort worth 20 dollars? Of course". Then he buys the sefer. My type of guy.] Never met him before. What are the odds??

2] On Friday I decided that I needed to contact a boy about a certain matter but the erev shabbos rush got the better of me and I had to run in order to be in time for shabbos. So I went to Penn Station to catch the train and OF COURSE who was standing right near me learning a Ramban Al Hatorah waiting for the "scoreboard" to tell everyone which track their train is leaving from? That very boy whom I then sat next to for the next 47 or so minutes and talked A LOT about Hashem:-).[ Reminded me of this one.]

What are the odds?