Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Please Send Me Your Number - Lashon Hara Post - Beware - Take Responsibility - Off The Hook

I recently lost my phone book with all of my numbers inside. I don't have people's numbers in my phone because I don't know how to put numbers in a phone and I only recently received a cell phone [thanks to my parents who care a lot more than I do that I have one].

So PLEASE, if I had your number, or you would like me to have your number, please send it to me again.

Now I get to point 2. Whose fault it was that I lost it. I REALLY try to avoid lashon hara on the blog. Why should I have a frum lashon hara blog when there are already so many others [often with a notice that this blog contains no lashon hara nor will it tolerate commenters who write lashon hara]????

But here I must reveal the person who is at fault. It is not the first time he has caused me to lose important things. I have lost money because of him. I lost my smicha document because of him, I lost LOTTTSSS of things over the years because of him.

I refer of course to myself.

Lesson: In life, when you are searching for the culprit for your problems, get a mirror and look intently. The image you see there is the main cause of many of your troubles. Example: Nobody can MAKE YOU unhappy. Only you can.

Let us take responsibility for our lives today. Let your parents, siblings, spouse, teachers, friends, boss, co-workers etc. etc. off the hook.

:-)