Tuesday, February 19, 2019

My New Identity

Identity has become pretty fluid in our society. BARUCH HASHEM!!

This allows me to publicly proclaim that I am no longer a white Jewish male but a BLACK JEWISH FEMALE. In the meantime they will not let me daven in the ezras nashim [probably due to racial discrimination] but I am going to fight for my rights. People also still INSIST on referring to me in the male tense. They say "attah" and I cry out "aht" [את]. From now on I just WON'T RESPOND if people won't honor my true [albeit quite recent] identity. 

In the future I plan to write a book describing my experiences as a black Jewish female [and Talmudic student] in the Charedi community. 

Please respect my choices and no joking about me.

MAZEL TOV TO MY PARENTS ON THE BIRTH OF THEIR [BLACK] DAUGHTER. 

Thank G-d I won't have to change my name much. "Ally" works just fine.  Ally Schwartz-Ehrman [hyphenated last name like a woman and Schwartz in honor of my new color].