Sunday, February 16, 2020

The Satmar Chossid And Zeev Jabotinsky - Rav Shach's Shkiya

Here in the city. I made friends with a Satmar chossid who was collecting for his yeshiva. He asked me how my Yiddish is so good [!!!]. 

He asked me if Givat Zeev [where I told him I live] is named after Zeev Wolfson [a frum philanthropist]. I said no - after Zeev Jabotinsky [zionist revisionist leader]. His expression turned into one of great dismay... .

Almost like saying [for him] after Josef Stalin....

But he remained friendly and even gave me a parting kiss on my hand... 😘

I was telling him that they daven mincha at a certain shul at around shkiya. But I had to explain "Not the Satmar Rebbe's shkiya...." [which is much later, according to Rabbeinu Tam] and he finished the sentence for me "Rav Shach's shkiya".