Sunday, August 2, 2015

Gullivers Travels: Charedim Are Donkeys - Yechi Yechi - Shikker:-)

From my diaries:

Overheard on a very crowded bus on Friday from the mouth of a secular woman who felt that the religious people on the bus weren't moving enough to the back of the bus in order to make more room in the front: "הם כמו חמורים" - They are like donkeys.

I agree.

Yaakov Avinu said about Yisachar and all lomdei Torah in history "יששכר חמור גרם" - True lomdei Torah are STUBBORN like donkeys. They learn and learn and don't let anything or anybody stop them.

-----------

A man [I CAN'T tell you who he is - I doesn't want to impede any potential shidduchim for his daughter] walking to his seat on the bus passed by two boys wearing large kippot with words all around the periphery. He then proclaimed in a loud voice that the whole busload of people heard:

"Yechi Adonainu Vi-rabbeinu Melech Hamoshiach Li-olam Va-ed!!"

One of the boys answered "Amen".

I wasn't expecting that....:-)

As I continued walking to find a seat I saw one woman looking at me [WOOPS - gave it away] with a expression of shock and wonder. Like, whhaaaattttt:-).

Hey - I'm drunk on HKB"H and Torah. Not fully responsible for my behavior.